Tuesday, March 9, 2021

I always begin with the Heart ... the Soul of the person.

  March 9, 2021

Today I started with the heart to my sculpture of the Patriot Woman. Then I added more foam to bring out the shapes of the piece. 

Yes, I will cover up the heart with more foam and a lot of clay. But she will always have a heart and soul. 

I learned about adding the heart to each sculpture from a Native American artist. She started with the heart and felt that each piece captured the soul of her ancestors inside and that made a contact with her people and their spirits. It made an impression with me and I also have always started with the heart and for me the soul of each piece. Then I work on the face which will set her character and attitude.

I paint the foam so that the clay sticks better.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment